The kick off conference of the PROACTIVE project took place on the 13 of June 2017 at the Cultural Center of the Municipality of Athens, attracting a wide range of participants including representatives of Municipal and Regional Authorities, police officers, executive staff of the social services of Municipalities, representatives of Roma communities, Roma mediators, social scientists and civil society representatives.

At the beginning of the event, welcome speeches were made by the Head of the Training and Human Resources division of the Hellenic Police Headquarters, Mr. Georgios Theodorakopoulos, the Special Secretary for the Social Integration of the Roma, Ms. Aikaterini Giantsiou, the Secretary General for Transparency and Human Rights, Ms. Maria Giannakaki, the Director of the Center for Security Studies, Mr. Vasileios Gkrizis and the President of the Administrative board of the National Center for Social Solidarity, Mr. Periklis Tziaras.

It is noted that the PROACTIVE project is being funded by the “Rights, Equality and Citizenship 2014-2020” Programme (REC) of the European Union. Specifically, it was submitted as part of the Call for Proposals with Reference Number: JUST/2015/RDIS/AG/DISC of the Directorate – General for Justice and Consumers of the European Commission and it was selected based on a pan-European competition.

The PROACTIVE project is being funded at 80% rate from the REC programme, whereas the remaining 20% of the budgeted costs, is being covered by own financial resources of its partnership.